This is a really great way of using up slightly over-ripe apricots. They are perfect for breakfast because it literally takes a maximum of 45 mins – even faster if you take a tip from my friend Jo who measure everything out the night before!
- 75g unsalted butter
- 250g self raising flour
- 25g ground almonds
- 75g light brown caster sugar
- 0.5 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 6 fresh apricots
- 30g pecan nuts
- 1 egg
- 100ml milk
- 100ml maple syrup
- 3 tbsp oats
- 12 hole muffin tray
- 12 muffin cases
To make them
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Line the 12 hole muffin tray with muffin cases and set aside.
- Melt the butter and set aside.
- Chop the apricots and pecans into small pieces.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Beat the egg and then add to this the milk and maple syrup.
- Then add the melted butter.
- Quickly mix it all together very roughly with a fork until it’s just combined and spoon equally into the muffin cases.
- Sprinkle some oats over the top.
- Bake for approx 15 – 20 mins til golden brown.
10 simple steps and you’ve got a delicious breakfast to enjoy at home or plonk into a brown paper bag for the train journey to work!