Just like the Chocolate Loaf Cake, this is a super easy and quick recipe. It just takes a while baking in the oven so a good one to make the night before you need it, or in the morning as you potter about the kitchen doing other stuff, or just before you go for an hour long run. This will be perfect when you get back!
- 140g unsalted butter
- 270g soft brown sugar
- 280g plain flour
- 100g dark chocolate chips
- 3 riped bananas (approx 200g)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- A KitchenAid with the paddle attachment or an electric mixer – though this recipe could also work fine with a little elbow grease :-)
- A 2lb loaf tin
- A 2lb loaf tin liner (just helps on washing up!)
To make it
- Preheat the oven to 170C and grease the loaf tin or line it and let aside.
- Melt the butter and set aside to cool.
- Mix the sugar and eggs until you’ve got a smooth batter.
- Add the mashed bananas and stir well.
- Add the flour, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda and mix well.
- Slowly pour and mix in the melted butter.
- Finally, stir in the chocolate chips and pour the mixture into the loaf tin.
- Bake for an hour. A skewer or cocktail stick should come out clean.
We have this for breakfast, lunch boxes, picnics, afternoon tea or a post gym snack. Yummmm.