I love mangoes. Especially Indian ones. They so so sweet and perfect in puddings. To be honest I could eat them on their own but I couldn’t resist making this super quick tart with some that my lovely friend Kavey from KaveyEats gave me.
- 1 pack of puff pastry
- 200g Greek style yoghurt
- 10g ground almonds
- 50g caster sugar (optional)
- 1 egg
- 3-4 medium sized (over)ripe mangoes
- handful of flaked almonds (optional)
To make it
- Preheat the oven to 180C
- Roll out the puff pastry – square, round, rectangle – whatever shape you like really but aim for the thickness of a £1 coin.
- Place the rolled out pastry on a greased or lined baking tray and score a line along each side about 2cm away from the edge.
- Bake this for about 20 minutes until lightly browned – it should be coloured but not golden.
- Take it out of the oven and turn the temperature down to 160C
- Mix up the egg, yoghurt, ground almonds and sugar til you have a smooth paste.
- The middle of your pastry will have puffed up. Push it down lightly with a palette knife or your fingers and then pour the yoghurt mixture over the top.
- Spread it out evenly and then bake for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile cut the mangoes into 2cm or so cubes.
- Take the tart out of the oven and place the mangoes over the top.
- Scatter over the flaked almonds and bake for a further 15 minutes.
- Once out of the oven, leave to cool slightly and then serve as is, with a drizzle of honey or a dollop of crème fraiche.