This is a super quick recipe that I invented today when I was in a bish-bash-bosh kinda mood! We had this with some plain boiled rice and wilted spinach.
- 1 small cod fillet
- 1 teaspoon brown rice miso – I used the Clearspring brand readily available in Sainsbury’s
- 1 spring onion
- 1 tsp yuzu juice – I used a Japanese brand available online at Japan Centre (optional. You could use lime instead)
- Sesame seed oil for drizzling
- Sesame seeds for sprinkling
To make it
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Cut out a square piece of foil approx 25 cm wide.
- Pour some sesame seed oil over the fish and rub it in gently.
- Place the fish in the centre of the foil square and dollop the miso on top. Smooth it out over the fillet with your fingers or a knife.
- Sprinkle over some chopped spring onions.
- Wrap the foil up over the fish so you have a parcel. Be careful there are no holes or it will not steam.
- Bake the fish for 10-15 minutes.
- Open the parcel and drizzle over the yuzu juice and sprinkle on some sesame seeds.
- Serve piping hot with rice to soak up the lovely miso juices.
See bish -bash-bosh! and tasty too. We had this for our special Chinese New Year meal but I think it’s going to become a staple on the menu now..