I love love love Bircher Muesli which is a good thing because I hate porridge. I know! It’s the same thing but I really cannot stomach porridge. It tastes like baby food to me but this muesli is the total opposite. Super quick and can be adapted to suit your taste with fresh fruit or nuts or seeds etc etc. This version uses the mixed dried fruits bag from Natural Selection or you could use fresh fruit with some added superfood like Baobab.
- 1 cup of oats – I like the Mornflake small ones as they need no cooking.
- 3 tbsp plain yoghurt
- 2-3tbsp runny honey or 2-3 tbsp soft brown sugar
- A handful of Natural Selection Mixed Fruits
- A handful of chopped pistachios
- 3-4tbsp milk
To make it
- Put the oats in a sieve and add enough water so they all all covered.
- Let the water drain off and then press to remove any excess liquid.
- Transfer to a bowl and add your yoghurt. Add the milk to get it to the consistency of your liking.
- Add the honey or sugar, dried fruit and pistachios (or fresh fruit and dollop of Baobab Jam)
- Stir and devour!
Do let me know how you personalise this as I’m always looking for new ideas!
You might also like