Courgettes (also called Zuchinni in America) are 90% water, low in calories and fat and packed with vitamins A and B.
They come in green and yellow varieties though I have also seen white ones like mini marrows. They have beautiful flowers which can also be used for cooking – stuff them with herby cream cheese for example and fry them in a llittle tempura batter. YUMMMMM!
They are so versatile to use because they work well griddled, fried, baked, roasted, steamed or even raw.
Recipes using courgettes
- Halloumi and Sage Stuffed Courgette Flowers
- Thai Style Mussels with Courgettes
- Courgette and Baobab Bhajias
- Herby Courgette Canapés
- Courgette and Chocolate Brownies
- Courgette Soup with Feta, Parsley and Cumin Gremolata
Courgette related posts